Kids will love mashing avocados to create this simple and delicious homemade guacamole. The perfect dip for kids; it’s mildly flavored, and free of chunks of raw onion or other ingredients that turn kids off. Plus, even the littlest kitchen helpers can make this one. Serve with homemade tortilla chips, a side of veggies, or add to any favorite dish!
Give your child the official role of taste tester and have them season the guacamole to their liking. Kids love being in charge and giving their opinion (at least mine does!) Ask your child if the guacamole needs more lime juice, salt, or salsa.
4-INGREDIENT GUACAMOLE FOR KIDS
- Lime juice
- A child sized potato masher helps little hands as they mash up the avocados. Here is a link to the one we love. However if you don’t have one, a fork will work fine.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF AVOCADO
Avocados are not only delicious, they are packed full of nutrients including:
- nearly 20 different vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, B, C, E and K as well as minerals potassium, iron and zinc.
- heart healthy, unsaturated fat. Fat is an important source of energy for kids. It’s also essential for brain development, and helps their bodies absorb the fat soluble vitamins A, D, E and K.
- fiber to keep little ones full, promote healthy digestion, and feed their healthy gut bacteria.
HOW TO MAKE GUACAMOLE FOR KIDS
STEP 1: SCOOP AND MASH AVOCADO
- Have an adult slice two avocados in half and remove the pits.
- Have your child scoop out the avocado flesh and place it into a small mixing bowl. If your toddler finds this hard, use a knife and slice a criss cross pattern across the avocado for them. This way, the avocado should pop right out.
STEP 2: ADD THE REST OF THE INGREDIENTS
- Add the juice of half a lime, 1 tablespoon of salsa, and a large pinch of salt to the bowl.
STEP 3: Mash everything together.
Have your child taste the guacamole and give their opinion! Add more salt, lime juice or salsa as needed.
Have your child make homemade tortilla chips to eat with the guacamole! Click here for my recipe.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. When you make a purchase through links in this post, I may receive commissions. Thank you for supporting Raised on Veggies.
Easy Guacamole For Kids
- Adult knife for slicing limes, avocados and removing avocado pits
- Spoon to scoop out avocado
- Tablespoon measuring spoon
- Small bowl
- Kid sized masher or fork
- 2 avocados
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp salsa
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and scrape the flesh into a small bowl.
- Add lime juice, salsa and salt to small bowl.
- Mash together to desired consistency with kid sized masher or fork.
- Eat immediately or store in the fridge.
For more cooking activities with your child check out these recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Please comment and rate the recipe below. I’d love to hear from you!