Kids will have a blast making their very own edible jewelry while snacking on whole grains and fresh fruit. Pair this fun crafting activity with snack time, during a play date, a school activity, or a child’s birthday party. Or, put it in your kid’s lunchbox for a special lunchtime surprise.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR EDIBLE JEWELRY
Get creative with your child and come up with your own edible jewelry creations. Try using:
- freeze dried fruit like strawberries, raspberries and bananas
- dried fruit like apricots and apples
- other types of cereal
Cheerios are easy to thread because they have a hole in the middle. They are also a great food for kids because they are:
- a whole grain
- low in sugar (only 1 gram in each cup)
- fortified: important nutrients for kids such as iron and zinc are added in
Blueberries are full of nutrients including:
- antioxidants. Out of all commonly eaten fruits, berries have the most antioxidants. Antioxidants help repair damaged cells in our body to reduce inflammation and keep our bodies functioning well.
- fiber to promote a healthy gut health and proper digestion
- vitamin C to boost the immune system
- vitamin K to help kids develop strong, healthy bones
If you are worried about grapes with your little one, slice them in half or don’t use them. I made the necklaces with just cheerios and blueberries a lot of the time.
- also have fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K and healthy plant compounds such as antioxidants.
- Elastic Cord String (dental floss, regular string or ribbon work too)
- Yarn needle (these are larger than regular needles and have a blunt end)
- OR use a straw to poke holes in the fruit. This may be a better option for younger kids.
EDIBLE JEWELRY INSTRUCTIONS
STEP 1: Wash fruit and place fruit and cheerios in a bowl or platter.
STEP 2: Cut a piece of string approximately 2.5 feet long. Tie a cheerio on one end.
STEP 3: Thread the fruit and cereal beads.
Option 1 Yarn Needle Method: If you are using a yarn needle, thread the other side of the string through the yarn needle hole and tie in a knot. Thread the beads onto the string.
Option 2 Straw Method: If you don’t have yarn needle, or your kids are little, poke holes in the fruit using a straw first. Thread the beads onto the string.
STEP 4: ENJOY! When you are finished, tie the necklace around your neck and enjoy your snack.
For other fun food activities check out:
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. When you make a purchase through links in this post, I may receive commissions. Thank you for supporting Raised on Veggies.
Edible Jewelry – A Fruit And Whole Grain Filled Snack
- 2.5 feet of elastic string
- 1 yarn needle
- 1/3 cup cheerios
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup grapes
- Wash fruit and set out a bowl of fruit and cheerios.
- Cut a piece of string approximately 2.5 feet long. Tie a cheerio on one end.
- On the other end, thread the string through the yarn needle and tie in a knot. (If you don't have a yarn needle, poke holes in the fruit using a straw first). Thread the fruit and cereal beads onto the string in any order you wish.
- Tie the necklace around your neck and enjoy!
Did you do this activity? Please rate this recipe and leave a comment. I’d love to know how it turned out for you!
OMG THIS IS AN AMAZING IDEA!!!
this is such a good idea! definitely going to try this!
erectile dysfunction remedies
best erectile herbs
michael douglas erectile dysfunction
buy erectile dysfunction pills
i saw this watch in a department store listed at a higher price.
erectile dysfunction pills
erectile stamina in older men
erectile therapy after prostatectomy
erectile organs crossword clue
I would like to thnkx for the efforts you have put in writing this website. I’m hoping the same high-grade website post from you in the upcoming as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own website now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings quickly. Your write up is a great example of it.