Rainbow sprinkle dipped strawberries combine two of kids favorite things, dipping their food and rainbow sprinkles. Filled with vitamin C and fiber from the strawberries, and protein and calcium from the non-dairy yogurt, this simple and colorful recipe is a healthy and filling dessert. Plus, even preschoolers can make this recipe all by themselves, boosting their confidence and self esteem.
This activity takes two minutes to put together and it’s one of my 3 year old’s favorite activities. Her 6 and 8 year old cousins also love it and ask for it when they come over!
CUSTOMIZE THE RAINBOW SPRINKLE DIPPED STRAWBERRIES:
- Use different colored sprinkles for different holidays – pink and white for Valentine’s Day, blue and white for Hanukkah, or red and green for Christmas.
- Include other fruits like apple slices, orange segments or blueberries.
- Place the strawberry on a cake pop or skewer and serve at a kid’s birthday party or play date.
- Non-dairy vanilla yogurt
- Rainbow sprinkles
Kids love the taste of sweet and juicy strawberries. Luckily, they are also full of nutrients including:
- vitamin C to boost your child’s immune system. One cup provides all your child needs for the day.
- fiber to feed your child’s friendly gut bacteria and help promote healthy digestion.
- antioxidants and phytonutrients such as anthocyanins that give strawberries their bright red color and help keep your child’s body functioning well.
- Go dairy free! There are lots of dairy free yogurts to choose from. These are made from plant foods like almonds, peas, cashews, soy, coconut and flaxseed, and many contain added probiotics. Probiotics are good bacteria that live in the gut and help keep us healthy. Look for non-dairy yogurts that are fortified with calcium and vitamin D, which are important nutrients for kids developing bones.
- Check the sugar. For a dessert or sweet treat, flavored yogurt is a nice indulgence. However, flavored yogurt often contains a lot of added sugar. Look for ones with less sugar or opt for a plain version. You can sweeten plain yogurt with fresh fruit or add in a teaspoon of honey or maple syrup if your child is use to sweetened yogurt.
HOW TO MAKE RAINBOW SPRINKLE DIPPED STRAWBERRIES
Wash and dry strawberries, scoop yogurt into a small bowl, and pour rainbow sprinkles into another small bowl.
Dip a strawberry into the yogurt and then into the rainbow sprinkles. Enjoy right away or refrigerate for later.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. When you make a purchase through links in this post, I may receive commissions. Thank you for supporting Raised on Veggies.
Rainbow Sprinkle Dipped Yogurt Strawberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup non-dairy vanilla yogurt
- 1 tbsp rainbow sprinkles
- Wash and dry strawberries. Scoop vanilla yogurt into a small bowl. Pour rainbow sprinkles into another small bowl.
- Dip a strawberry into the yogurt and then into the rainbow sprinkles. Continue with the remaining strawberries.
- Enjoy right away or refrigerate for later.
For more fun cooking activities check out:
- Edible Jewelry: A Fruit and Whole Grain Filled Snack
- Rainbow Toast With Edible Paint
- Kale Chips: The Perfect Kid’s Snack
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment and let me know how it turned out for you!
This looks delicious and so fun that you can customize for different occasions!
Yes, so many fun options!
we just did 46 shirt
Please let me know if you’re looking for a article author
for your blog. You have some really good articles and
I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some
of the load off, I’d really like to write some content for your
blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an e-mail if interested.
best ed pills
erectile implants video
youtube erectile dysfunction
erectile dysfunction causes
erectile dysfunction clinic
erectile function scale
botox for erectile dysfunction
erectile dysfunction treatment
erectile solution ratings
erectile organs pha
order erectile dysfunction pills
erectile dysfunction drugs
is erectile dysfunction secondary to ptsd
what erectile dysfunction drug works best
maseczki z filtrem
I’m extremely pleased to discover this website. I wanted to thank you for ones time just for this fantastic read!! I absolutely enjoyed every part of it and i also have you bookmarked to see new stuff in your site.
car key replacement
I am incessantly thought about this, thanks for posting.
I reckon something truly special in this website.
renault captur spare key card
Some really great info, Gladiola I detected this. I’m not spaming. I’m just saying your website is AWSOME! Thank you so much! Please vist also my website.
Great blog! Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?
I’m hoping to start my own website soon but I’m a little lost on everything.
Would you suggest starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are
so many choices out there that I’m totally confused ..
Any tips? Kudos!
Hello friends, its wonderful piece of writing about cultureand fully explained, keep
it up all the time.