5 Minute Vegan Chickpea Curry Pantry Meal
This vegan chickpea curry is the ultimate dump and go meal. It's made from basic pantry ingredients and comes together in less than 30 minutes. With only 1-pot, no chopping, and less than 5 minutes of prep, it's the perfect family meal for a busy weeknight.
- 2 14oz cans of chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 14oz can of diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 14oz can of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp ginger optional
- 2 tsp vegan sugar optional
- 1 tbsp lime juice optional
In a cast iron skillet or pot, add all the ingredients and stir.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Serve immediately or refrigerate for later.
- Use reduced fat coconut milk to decrease the calories and fat content
- Rice or grain of choice
- Naan bread
- Squeeze of lime
- This curry tastes even better the next day. Refrigerate any leftovers and enjoy it within three days.